- File System Shield — Real-time protection against viruses and other malware threats. Scans files as they run on your computer to keep viruses from being able to execute.
- Mail Shield — Scans messages and attachments in E-mail/Microsoft Outlook/Exchange for viruses.
- Web Shield — HTTP protection (local transparent proxy). Version 4.8 also allows the blocking of URLs. Scans URLs and incoming data for viruses, and aborts connections to the site if one is found.-
- P2P shield — Scans P2Pfiles from file share programs.
- IM shield — Instant Messaging protection. (Scanning of files transferred through instant messaging applications)
- Script blocker — Scans webpages for malicious scripts, and disables them from infecting your computer, though they can still be used. (for example, a clickable button)
- Network Shield — Basic protection against well-known network worms. Acts as an Intrusion Detection System.
- Behavior Shield -— Reports suspicious behavior by analyzing the behavior of programs-
- Anti-rootkit capabilities
- Self-Protection — Prevents malware from terminating avast! processes and damaging avast! files.-
- Automatic incremental updates —- Updates of both the program and the virus database which is used to identify potential threats — Avast! updates its virus definitions on a regular basis (sometimes multiple- updates daily) and this process is automated by default.
- Audible alarms — Vocal warnings and notices such as- "Caution, a virus has been detected!" and "Virus database has been updated."
- Boot-time scan — Users can schedule a boot-time scan to remove infections that load during Windowsstartup.
- Virus Chest —- Quarantine; folder where infected files can be stored. The virus chest also stores vital system files to protect them- from damage by malware. Users can- also add their own files to the virus- chest. Once in the chest, a file cannot be executed; double-clicking the file will instead displayinformation about the file.
- Anti-spyware capabilities
Avast Pro Antivirus 6